Nursery and Kindergarten
Play, the major aspect of the childa��s experience at nursery school, is truly the childa��s work.
Children are naturally motivated to observe, to investigate and to learn as they a�?play.a�? The NIVA nursery teachers set the stage for the children to intellectually engage in a variety of play for learning activities. Through planned creative play in art, music, movement, touching, smelling, feeling, seeing, and doing, children gain confidence with their environment and their own abilities. Through these opportunities to practice they develop their skills. Besides play, the NIVA Nursery teaches a variety of pre-reading skills to make them love books and reading; water play, outdoor activities, eating nourishing food, and having adequate sleep and rest is also part of the nursery program. This all-inclusive nurturing environment develops children to be confident and alert as they grow intellectually, emotionally and socially positive.
NIVA accepts students who meet the following requirements:
- Male and female students from 1 A? a�� 17 years of age of all nationality, race and religion.
- Meet the chosen class level academic preparedness and English language fluency for all mainstream admissions.
- Be willing to be admitted as an ESL student in Intensive English (IE) or Language Support (LS) programs if the English language proficiency does not meet mainstream admissions. The duration in the ESL program ranges from one semester to two school years depending on the ability and performance of the student
Nursery A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A�2A�years to 3 A�A�years old
Kindergarten A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A�3 A�years to 5 A�A�years old
Elementary A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� 6 years to 11 years old
Secondary A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A�12 years to 17 years old
grounding the boody vers plavix. Note:A�Students who have had serious disciplinary problems in their previous schools, such as smoking, drug or alcohol abuse, fighting, etc. are not eligible for admission at Niva IS. An admitted student can be dismissed for any falsification. (Please refer toA�Student Behavioral Code).
Open admission for new students year-round.
STEP 1 Visit the schoolA�
- Call 02-948-4605-7 to make and appointment to visit the school
- School tours can be arranged on all school/working days
Morning A� A� A�: A� A�09.00 a�� 11.00 am.
Afternoon A� A�: A� A�1.00 a�� 2.00 pm.
A�A�Note:A�Working day on Monday to Friday except public holidays
STEP 2A�Placement Test
- Take Placement Tests (Math and English)
- Student Interview
- Parent Interview
- Enroll & Pay Fees
Note:A�5,000 Baht fee for placement testing and application process.
STEP 3 Registration
- Complete the application form (DownloadA�Application Form)
- All fees paid by set deadline
- Purchase school uniforms
- Install E-book, Receive BooksA� andA� make student ID card at Student IT Service Department
- Receive Niva Handbook from Admission office and meet your homeroom teacher
- Student & Parent OrientationA�
Note:A�If you need further information or clarification, please inform the admissions staff to make arrangements.
NIVA uses the Stanford English Language Proficiency Test (SELPT) and the Stanford Math Achievement Predictors (SMAP) to evaluate the English language and mathematics ability of the student. International and Thai students are required to take the same tests. A�There are four levels of the SELPT:
- Primary level for Kindergarten to grade 2
- Elementary level for grades 3-5
- Middle School level for grades 6-8
- High School level for grades 9-12
The SMAP has eight levels, one for each entering grade level for K-8. A�The SMAP level 8 post-test is used for entering grade 9. Mathematics tests for entering Grades 10 -12 are designed by the Niva IS Mathematics department.
The Placement Test results will be available within five working days.A� The criteria for the placement shall be as follows:
|To be discussed||
29 and below
34 and below
39 and below
44 and below
Note:A�A�Nursery, K1 and K2 students are accepted without any placement test but they must be brought to the Kindergarten head teacher for a simple verbal test. K3 students are required to sit for the SELPT when entering grade 1 but admittance is usually granted unless the student has a physical learning disability for which Niva IS not able to provide support.
Documents required for our admissions procedure
- CompleteA�Application FormA�(Download here)
- Completed StudentA�Enrollment Agreement FormA�(Download here)
- CompletedA�Financial Agreement FormA�( hydrocodone canadian pharmacy. Download here)
- CompletedA�Medical Examination FormA�(Download Page 1), (Download Page 2)
- Drawn map to your home or residence
- Copies of previous school records and transcripts
- Copy of Home Registration (Thai only)
- Copy of passports parents (Overseas)
- Non-Immigrant Type a�?Eda�? Visa of student (Overseas)
- Copy of Birth Certificate or passport for age verification
- Copy of ID card (Parent & Student)
- Two 1.5-inch photographs of student
- One 1.5-inch photographs of parents
- Download all forms here
ApplicableA�January 01, 2016
The fees at Niva International School are worked out prudently to cover all educational, operational, maintenance and improvement costs. They are separated into the following categories:A�
- Application FeeA�is a one-time fee for entrance testing, interviews, placement, and registration.
- Campus Development FeeA�is a one-time endowment contributing towards the school establishment, grounds, structural facilities, renovations and improvements, which has a direct impact on educational quality your child receives.
- Tuition FeeA�is charged to cover all academic expenses including learning resources and facilities such as eBooks, library, laboratories, classroom furniture and fixtures, as well as student support services and teacher and staff salaries and benefits.
- General FeeA�is charged to cover:
- School activities, camps, and field trips
- Inter-school tournaments and competitions
- Safety and security systems
- Student insurance, clinic, and emergency care
- Playgrounds and parentsa�� facilities
- Utilities, internet, and software licenses
- Regular housekeeping and maintenance
- Government liaison, accreditation, and membership fees
- Catering FeeA�is charged to cover all expenses incurred in preparing balanced meals and the up-keeping of the kitchen, dining hall and furniture.A�
- Accountability Deposit and Refund
TheA�Damage, Loss and Liability DepositA�is twenty thousandA�(20,000)A�Baht and it is collected at the time of admission or once the student reaches grade 1 as a guarantee against misuse, lose, damage and other liabilities when using the facility, equipment, resources and other necessities as well as for adjusting outstanding payments or fines. The deposit can be refunded if there have been no such incriminations or liabilities owed to the school. The conditions for refund are as follows:
- All equipment and resources are returned in good condition
- In the event of loss or damage to any goods or property, the full value of the item or the cost of repair will be charged immediately or deducted from the deposit. If the actual value of the loss or damage exceeds the amount of the deposit, the student will be charged for the excess.
- The student fills out the School Leaving Clearance Form, has all required signatures of schoola��s custodians, and submits the form for the claim to the school cashierA�30 days before withdrawal from the school.A�All claims filed after the last day of the academic year will be paid at 50%, which is ten thousandA�(10,000)A�No refunds will be paid if no claim is made within 60 days after withdrawing from school.
A�Nursery and Kindergarten
|SCHOOL FEE||NURSERY||K1 a�� K3|
|A�Application Fee A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� (non-refundable)||2,000||2,000|
|A�Campus Development Fee A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A�(non-refundable)||a��||70,000|
|A�Initial Setup Fee A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� (non-refundable)||10,000||a��|
|A�General Fee A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� (non-refundable)||35,000||35,000|
Additional Fees :
**counted towards total general fee**
(paid in April of each year)
Transportation Costs per school year (fixed rate)
A�**Can be paid by semester**
|One Way||Round Trip|
On-time Payment Discounts
One singleA�payment for the whole year A� A� A� A�:A�2.5%A�discount from the annual total
Two paymentsA�by semesterA�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A� :A�1%A�discount from the semester total
Four paymentsA�by quarterA�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A� :A�NoA�discount
- There will beA�no extra chargeA�forA�Visa and Master CardA�if payment is made before the due date.
- No payment discountA�is available for those whoA�are paying once the quarter has started.
- On-time Payment Discounts apply only to the General, Tuition, and Catering Fees.
Fees Related Matters
- Tuition Fee Reviews
Tuition revisions will only be implemented once every two years based on the average inflation rate and adjusted cost of living in Bangkok. The increase will be around 10-15% per 2-year period. The increases will be implemented on the following tentative dates:
January 4, 2016A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A� January 3, 2018A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A� January 3, 2020
- Development Fund
Though the tuition may be increased every two (2) years, parents can contribute towards The Schoola��s Development Fund to plan and moderate their tuition fee increases and expenses. The Development Fund will be used by The School to pay off bank loans and to plan renovations and school improvements without having to take more loans from the banks with interest. The total amount paid towards Development Fund will be refunded when students graduate or leave school any time after completing at least one academic year.
The Development Fund is not a requirement, but an option.A�
a.A�Tuition freeze for 4 years at a time
ContributeA�300,000 Baht per childA�to have theirA�tuition feeA�(not includingA�General,A�CateringA�or other fees)A�frozen for 4 years at a timeA�from the year you begin contributing (other discounts available will be unaffected).
b.A�Parents with multiple children
Parents with multiple children are allowed toA�trade family discountsA�for freezing tuition for multiple children under the same condition as option a.
On the 5thA�year, the new Development Fund scheme will be revised and parents in the Development Fund will be informed of the changes and they can to continue or discontinue. The School reserves the right to continue or discontinue the Development Fund. However, all contracts issued will be honored to their full terms.
- Annual Seat Reservation Fee (non-refundable)
In order to effectively plan number of classes, number of teachers and their teaching assignments, all returning students are required to reserve their seats for the School Year 2016-2017 by paying 25,000 Baht by March 31, 2016.A�ThisA�non-refundableA�sum is counted towardsA�the General Fee for the School Year 2016-2017.A�The student who fails to pay the Seat Reservation Fee by the due date stated in the bill payment invoice will not be entitled to the loyalty discounts for that year.
- NivaIS Loyalty Discount
amoxicillin 500 mg canadian pharmacy.
All students who study at NIVA continuously are entitled to a NivaIS loyalty discount after studying at NIVA for one full academic year (starting from theA�secondA�school year onwards) at a minimum rate ofA�1,000A�Baht/year on the year the school fee is revised.
- Family Discounts on Tuition Fee:
- One child A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A�Full payment
- Two children A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A� A�A�10,000A�Baht discount per child per year*
- Three children A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A� A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�A�15,000A�Baht discount per child per year*
- Four children or moreA�A� A� A� A� A� 25,000A�Baht discount per child per year*
*Discountable only in the 4thA�quarter
**For mid-year entrants, family discounts will be prorated by quarter.
- Timely Payment of Fees
All payments must be made before or on the day of the payment deadlines stated in the invoices and bill-payment slips. The table below specifies the deadlines:
|Installment Options||Payment Deadlines|
|One payment (for the whole year)||July 31, 2016|
|Two payments (by semester)||July 31, 2016||December 31, 2016|
|Four payments (by quarter)||July 31, 2016||September 30, 2016||December 31, 2016||February 28, 2017|
All students who pay after the deadlines willA�notA�be entitled to payment discounts. In addition, a late payment fine ofA�50 Baht per dayA�will be charged until the payment is cleared.A�Unpaid late charges will beA�deducted from the General Deposit of 20,000 Baht.
Students, whose fees are not paid before the start of the quarter, will be allowed to attend classes forA�the first week of the quarter. If the outstanding payment is not settled or parents have not come to the school to make a clear arrangement with the Business Office by the second week, the student will be asked to do his/her classwork independently in the library forA�the duration second week. If payments are not settled or no direct arrangements are made by the parents beforeA�the third week begins, the student will be requested to remain at home until the parents are able to settle the outstanding payment or make a clear arrangement with the Business Office.A�
Note: The School will not process or issue any academic documents such as report cards or transcripts for the student until all outstanding balances are settled.A�
- Additional Variable Charges
- External Testing Fees:A�The cost of registering for TOEFL, IELTS, SAT, Advanced Placement (AP) etc., is not included in the tuition or general fees; they are to be paid by students taking the tests.
- Grade 12 Graduation Fee a�� 5,000 Baht
The Graduation Fee is collected from all Grade 12 students for them to plan and pay for the additional events seniors participate in for the whole year such as their Bonding Trip, Senior Presentation, Graduation, assembly hall decorations and hiring professional photographers.
Transportation Service Charges
The school transportation service between home and school is optional but highly recommended. The transportation charges are fixed at 40,000 Baht/school year for a roundA�trip (20,000 Baht/school year one-way) regardless of the distance between home and school.A�Late or missed payments will result in no service. No refund is available for the days the student is not taking the van.
- Accident insuranceA�(included in General Fee)
All NivaIS students are required to join the schoola��s accident insurance plan, which has a maximum coverage of 40,000 Baht per case of accident. The premium for the insurance is included in the General Fee. All additional medical expenses incurred must be borne by the parents/guardians by their own finances or insurance for their children.A�The school recommends that parents purchase additional insurance for liabilities beyond the emergency 40,000 Baht.
The parents must pay the hospital expense for the treatment and care first, then make a claim for reimbursement through the school by submitting a receipt and a medical letter within five (5) working days. The office will process the claim and reimburse the expense to the parents. There may be expenses the insurance company may not reimburse; parents are free to follow up with the insurance company directly; the school will assist as best as it can to help parents.
- Refunds and Conditions
The terms for refunds in the case of withdrawals or dismissals are as follows:
- The Campus Development and General Fees are non-refundable
- All fees paid for the current quarter are non-refundable
- Advanced payments for the food and tuition fees for subsequent quarters will be refunded in full
- The student must fill out the School Leaving Clearance form, have all required signaturA�A�es and clear all liabilities to the school before refunds will be made.
- Fees are subject to changeA�and will be notified; only the latest published fees are applicable.
Updated: January 25, 2016
Hi there, Sign up to our newsletter to keep informed
Monthly updates on students, faculty, activities, achievements and more